Friday, September 25, 2015

the long version, nonedited #feelings

*Sometimes I relate my day-to-day experience to television, reality shows...by sometimes, I mean, all the time. Like, there is this person that I just unfriended that is always trying to do that bs thing Tyra Banks does where she exploits contestants trauma for dramatic effect/corporate gain. Frames it as a learning experience. Acts as if the breaking down inevitably occurs before the building up. What a saint in a 24hour fat suit*

But, what reason would someone have to exploit another person's, supposed, vulnerabilies in-real-life? I am really incapable of processing the personality type that likes to tell people what other people have said about them behind their backs to their face--we all have opinions, and we all assess each other's personalities, most often silently, sometimes not--but what is the impetus other than to hurt? Meanness. Is it gratifying? Does it stem from a shaky sense of self? Is it that thing where you give someone a pass because they are, assumingly, having a shitty life? Is it much more insidious? A power play? I wish this person were smarter, and, knew the difference between a critical thinker and a negative person, between bluntness (of someone who doesn't distinguish hierarchies of good and bad) and one who intended harm. And, I wish I were smarter, and could fully dissect cruelty from insecurity. And, I don't think this is a "bleeding heart" so much as a teen on Maury move, "You are just jealous!" But, I want you all to know something: I am not the father!

No comments:

Post a Comment