Saturday, February 10, 2018

An unsent text message, because it was too long, and now we worry that we don't exactly remember what it was about

*just had a fucking breakthrough and I am excited, more to come...but since I regenerate every few years anyway, think I just figured out next 3-4 art-dentity...overhaul everything, but first I need to sort through these 200 scrap papers of ideas. I'm an idiot* ...also, mostly it's just about making the same work/messages but translating them, abstracting them(so I can flex my keen installation skills and my all but forgotten sense of aesthetic subtlety/sophistocation) which I would normally no-no, but with the impetus of "being the first artist to perform for machine, to be tool for machine and not the other way around" I don't have to be funny, it is already absurd...which is great, because then I don't have to use contradiction so overtly, the overarch is post-ironic, the work can look beautiful, look beautiful while it explicates the pain and oppression of rhetorical cultural superlatives (fun stuff!)

No comments:

Post a Comment