Wednesday, July 5, 2017

watching this series (to avoid life) and character says, "I don't mean to brag, but a lot of men hit on me."

and, I'm thinking: what kind of nuance-blind human, with the basest social and emotional intelligence, would ever think that would sound like a brag. Something that, even without the "a lot" has mutated my personalities in ways I don't want to imagine. Conditioned my bodies in ways. Yes, multiples. And, there is that saying, "Act like you have the confidence of a mediocre men," or whatever...even though, that is asking for a reaction--a world of pain. Try acting as "guarded as a moderately (culturally designated) attractive (socially proscribed) woman." Also, see for reaction here too--also, world of pain. Guess one could have one body and one personality and just accept the imposition. Certainly seems like that thing, and older adage this time, "path of least resistance."  *poetry*

No comments:

Post a Comment